Family Service Centres
Anglican Care Waiapu has the welfare and interests of children as its first and paramount concern. We are committed to supporting our most vulnerable children, young people, families/whānau and partnering with them to achieve positive outcomes.
Anglican Care Waiapu has five Family Service centres located each in Beachaven, Papamoa, Central Hawke’s Bay, Tararua and Gisborne. Each service was established by a local parish or community interests and they offer a range of services based on the needs of the people in the area.
We have qualified and registered social workers and counsellors that operate from our Family Service centres and Whānau Aroha services which are placed amongst high needs and high risk areas. These services aim to foster good health and well being and are achieving positive outcomes in their grass roots work with whānau and families.
We work with anyone who needs our support and we work alongside and in collaboration with other service agencies in our communities. Our underlying principles are based on our vision of communities thriving and we embrace the principles of empowerment, inclusiveness and strength We believe that our role is to use our professional expertise while respectfully walking alongside those in need.
Tararua Family Services
- Address: 8 Ward Street, Dannevirke
- Centre Manager: Peter Barton
- Phone: (06) 374 5029
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
A donation or koha is appreciated, no referrals are needed.
Located in Dannevirke, this service includes rural, family and Whanau Social Worker, two Social Workers in Schools, Growing Through Grief Seasons for Growth programme and a Counselling service.
Tararua Family services co-ordinates the Family Violence Awareness Campaign for the Tararua district.
Papamoa Family Services is a community social service agency which has operated in the Papamoa area since 1993.
Our primary goal is to assist people to take positive action in their lives by providing expertise, support, resources and information. To achieve this we offer a range of services including Community Education, Financial Mentoring, Family Support, Counselling, Youth Services, as well as information and advice. The majority of our services and programmes are free for the community, however a koha is greatly appreciated. We are an agent of the Tauranga Food Bank and can make foodbank requests on your behalf. Our premises are also utilised by a number of Tauranga services for meetings with their Papamoa clients. These include Bay of Plenty Addiction Services, Strengthening Families, and Oranga Tamariki.
Programmes running in Term 2.
- Money Mates - This is a four-week course held on Wednesday mornings from 17 October to 7 November from 10am to 12pm. Please RSVP by calling us on (07) 574 7170.
- Women for Ourselves - Held every Thursday morning during term time - Download PDF
- Building Awesome Whanau - A 6 week parenting programme on Monday mornings 9:30am till 12pm, starting 29 October until 3 December - Download PDF
- The FREE Fortnightly Community Meal - All welcome - “because food tastes better when you eat it with friends” - Download PDF
- Mana Youth - Hine Toa for females on Mondays and Tama Toa for males on Fridays aged 13 to 17 years starting the week of 23rd October and running each week for 8 weeks. - Download PDF
The Te Hapara Family Services team provides social work, whanau support and counselling services for whanau and children. We also provide parenting programmes, budgeting advice and counselling.
Beachaven Family Services
- Address: 3 Palm Springs Boulevard, Papamoa Beach, Papamoa 3118, Papamoa
- Manager: Gale Gordon
- Phone: (07) 542 1725
- Email: email@example.com
- Open Monday to Thursday 9am to 3pm
A koha is appreciated and no referral required.
Beachaven Family Services is a place for people of all ages to gather, make new friends and find support. Beachaven has a number of group activities that anyone can attend, including playgroups, craft groups for kids and adults, music group, recreation group, walking group and a monthly lunch for our seniors.
Our staff also offer advocacy for individuals and families.
Beachaven's mission is to provide fellowship and friendship to the people of Papamoa East. We offer a meeting place and shared activities that help support families and strengthen our community.
Central Hawke's Bay Family Services
- Address: 6 McCarthy Terrace, Waipukurau
- Manager: Peter Barton
- Mobile: (06) 374 5029
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Monday to Thursday from 7.30am to 4.30pm Open Friday 7.30 to 9.00am
Based in Waipukurau, Central Hawke's Bay Family Services provides support and resources for all Central Hawke's Bay Youth-at-Risk under 25 years of age and their whanau. We also offer information, advocacy and support for whanau, facilitation of whanau hui, Tautoko/Social Work support.
Our Breakfast Club (OSCAR) runs from 7.30am to 9.00am and we also have an OSCAR after school programme. We have funding for afterschool youth programmes and also run a holiday programme. These services are free, although a koha is appreciated.