Anglican Care Waiapu
Caring and Learning for Life
Anglican Care Waiapu is a not for profit organisation, and is registered under the Charitable Trusts Act 2005. We deliver a comprehensive range of services for all ages, throughout the Bay of Plenty, Hawke’s Bay and Eastland regions, including;
- Early Childhood Education
- Family Services
- Youth Mentoring and Programmes
- Grief Services
- Day Centres for the Elderly
We have 28 services throughout our sectors, employing over 220 staff. In addition there is a faithful community of approximately 180 volunteers throughout the region who loyally give time each week to help our Communities and parishes.
In 1979 the Waiapu Anglican Social Services Association was set up to support social services work across the diocese of Waiapu. In 1991 the Waiapu Anglican Social Services Trust Board was formed.
Anglican Care (Waiapu) Ltd was formed in 1997 to provide oversight and management for our various residential aged care facilities.
In 2013 the operational activities of our two legal entities: Waiapu Anglican Social Services Trust Board and Anglican Care (Waiapu) Ltd were merged together, enhancing leadership, management and service delivery under the new trading name of Anglican Care Waiapu.
Mission and Purpose
Delivering quality Christian social services that transform lives and communities
- We will provide educational opportunities and excellence for our young children to learn and develop.
- We will inspire and guide our young people.
- We will support and empower our families and whanau.
- We will care for our elderly with dignity & grace.
The Vulnerable are our Responsibility
We are passionate about the vulnerable and isolated, both young and old and this is reflected in our comprehensive range of services that address the needs of all ages, as well as the extra mile we go, for example:
- A number of our Waiapu Kids Early Childhood Education Centres, have Whanau Aroha Workers (social workers) attached to them, to help meet the increasing challenges within our communities.
- Our facilities and services are often located in areas of great need.
- We recognise the importance of delivering and resourcing key programmes to support our young people work through some of the challenges of life, such as “Growing through Grief”.
How we behave, reveals what we really believe
As a faith based organisation, our culture is pivotal in achieving our strategic objectives and goals. What we value therefore becomes critical in developing and maintaining organisational life.
Anglican Care Waiapu Christian values such as love, hope, care and integrity inspire as in our mission and are fundamental to the delivery of our services as well as how we engage with each other and our stakeholders.
In addition to the above Anglican Care Waiapu embraces the value of learning at all levels of organisational life and service delivery.
With your basket and my basket…
The environment, in which we work in, can at times be very challenging and the issues we face are often complex and intensive. We believe to achieve sustainable outcomes that make a real difference in the lives of the individuals and families we work with, we need to work in partnership with others.
Our vision is to see communities thriving throughout Bay of Plenty, Hawkes Bay and Eastland, for this to become a reality, we have identified a number of key objectives including the need for Anglican Care Waiapu to embrace and promote new paradigms of partnership with other community organisations, government agencies, funders and sponsors.
There are a number of ways that individuals, community organisations, government agencies, funders, parishes, church ministries and corporates can partner with us.
If you would like to know more please contact:
Anglican Care Waiapu
Ph: (06) 834 0376
Corner Bower and Raffles Street Napier
PO Box 227, Napier 4140